Monday, August 11, 2008

Back on Track

Ok...so I know that I said that I was going to keep this thing updated but I did not realize just how little free time I was going to have the past few months. My summer has been completely taken up by moving, working and trying to find a job within one of the county school systems. I am happy to say that moving and finding a job have been completed....WOOHOOO!
I will preface my update on the new house by saying....Caleb and I will NOT be moving again for a VERY long time....HAHA! Moving is so exhausting and it seems as though it never ends. We are still swimming in boxes trying to find each thing we own its new place ; however, I can finally say that our house is starting to feel more and more like a home. We started by painting the kitchen and family room and are SO happy with the colors that we chose. The kitchen is my favorite room in the house and for those of you who know me, that is a BOLD statment! HAHA! Caleb is loving the fact that I love my kitchen because it means that he is not cooking as much as he used to at the old place. Well, I take that back, he is still cooking a lot but now he has a cooking partner which both of us are enjoying.
The first weekend we were here, Caleb, his dad, Evan, Stephen, and Jerry all built our fence. It was a huge project and I know for a fact that it is the last fence that at least 4 out of the 5 guys will ever build themselves. They did an amazing job though. Our builder came by and said it looked like it was professionally done. Our backyard is huge and I cannot wait until fall when we can finally get some good grass seed down. Right now, there are huge patches of red mud in between weeds. We can use the backyard only when it has not rained for 2 or 3 days otherwise our dogs are being walked around the neighborhood. Cleaning the red mud off of our new carpets is not my idea of fun!
The house is really starting to come together. Of course we have a list of projects we want to do but owning a house is an ongoing process and they will get done little by little.
On another note, I finally got a job! YAY! I am teaching in the Orange County School system. I am one of three new Pre-K teachers in the system. The program is funded by Title 1. This means that the children who qualify for this program are at risk of failing school before they even start. This can be because of the child's family's socio-economic status, if the child does not speak english or many other reasons. I am really excited about this job and cannot wait to start next week. I actually have workshops and training starting tomorrow but the 18th is my official start date. I don't think the kids will be coming to the classroom until the 1st of Septemeber but I will be meeting them at their homes before we start.
Caleb is doing really well. He stays busy at work but is not the happiest there. Once I get established in my job in a few months, he will start to look for another job. He has his degree that Timco does not recognize and he is just frustrated with the situation. Hopefully something will come his way. He definitely deserves it.
I have pictures on our camera of the new house and all of the progress we are making that I promise to post as soon as I find the transfer cord. I am going to go through the office boxes now and hopefully within the next hour, I will have pictures! I am really going to try to keep on top of posting. It is definitely a great outlet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited! I can't wait to see pics of the house! Let's make a date to get together soon. Hill