Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our Mini Vacation

At the end of May, Caleb and I took a long weekend to go to Massachusetts to visit some very close family friends, the Birenbaums. Their oldest son, Justin, was graduating from highschool (this makes me feel very old, he was only 4 when I first met him) and I absolutely could not miss seeing him walk across the stage. Of course I loved seeing Marisa and Corey too. They have grown up so much.Justin Getting ready to graduate

The Birenbaums have a beautiful home and were nice enough to welcome us to stay with them. Our first day there, Adam took us on a nice hike up Blue Mountain where we had a great view of Boston. Unfortunately, he failed to tell us about this view and we left the camera in the caaaaa (car for us southerners). Of course then Adam had to take us by Gillette Stadium and try to convince us to become Pats fans (HA...never...GO FINS).
Laughing at the thought of being a patriot fan
Gillette Stadium


Caleb had never been to MA before so I was so excited to take him to my most favorite city ever, Boston. The Saturday before we left, we took the T into Boston with Corey and the three of us walked the entire city from, Fenway to the North end. Adam, Janet and Marisa met us for some more walking (including Adam's famous tour of all the historical spots) and a GREAT dinner at a small Italian restaurant and then of course desert at the pastry shop. Caleb absolutely loved Boston and although the Sox weren't in town, we did take the tour of Fenway. Caleb was in seventh heaven! I had been to Fenway before for a game and while that was a great time, the tour was a lot of fun as well. There was even a couple getting married in the stands behind home plate while we were there. Now that's a way to get married!
Corey and Caleb in the park


Caleb taking it all in
Fenway

Caleb and I at Fenway

Marisa, Corey, Caleb and I at Faniel Hall

Marisa and Corey
They love eachother and I love them!
We had a wonderful time in Boston and I cannot wait to go back!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Holly, I was excited to see you were posting again! Your house looks great!