Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Scrub A Dub Dub

So it is pretty well known that I cannot go a full day without taking at least two showers. I know, I know it is a sickness but I cannot stand to feel dirty and if I don't get at the very least two showers in a day, then I will lay awake at night until I can't take it anymore. It is a good day for me if I get to take three showers...one when I wake up in the morning, one as soon as I get home from work (or whatever activity I have been doing that day) and one right before bed. Why, you ask? Well, I cannot go to work in the morning feeling ready for my day if I do not wake myself up in a nice warm shower. I shower when I get home because lets face it, I LOVE the children I work with and they LOVE to share their love with me...which unfortunately also means they are sharing their germs. I prefer to let those germs wash themselves right down the drain before I let them loose all over my house! And of course...I shower before bed to relax! It is a vicious cycle that makes my husband cringe when he sees our water bill but it has been like an addiction that is hard to break...until....little man arrived.
Lake MacIntosh has stayed a little fuller since December 4th. I am very lucky now to get one shower in a day. People used to laugh at me while I was pregnant and say, just wait...you wont be showering three times a day let alone once...and I say this through pursed lips...they were right! While it took some time, I have learned to be ok with this and have also learned to appreciate the finer things in life like enjoying one shower a day when time permits. But what makes it all worth it...Lawson LOVES his baths! He can be screaming at the top of his lungs and when we put him in a bath, all becomes right in the world! And for that, he is truly his mommy's boy!!

No comments: