Friday, January 22, 2010

Tummy Time and the Livings Easy!

So my child LOVES tummy time. I heard so many parents tell me that tummy time for the first few months could be a challenge because their child would scream non stop through it. I dreaded tummy time the first time because I did not want to hear my sweet baby boy cry his little lungs out. I made Caleb sit down on the blanket with me for moral support just knowing at the first sound of a scream, I would scoop him up and tell him he never had to have tummy time again! Because seriously...who wants to listen to their innocent little one cry out their frustrations when there is a simple solution that will make them stop?!?!
When Lawson was only a few days old, we sat down on the blanket and laid him on his tummy. I held my breath just waiting for the screaming to begin. Wouldn't you know...not a peep! He was content as could be and with each passing day, we increase the amount of time he spends playing on his tummy and he loves it! I occasionally get a nice scream out of him when I pick him up at the end of tummy time! Put me back down mommy! I was having fun! Now if only he was as content with sleeping through the night (or at least in 3-4 hour spans through the night)!!! HA!


Just Relaxing!

Look, Ma! I can lift my head!
This is hard work!

Oh! I bet you can't do this!!!

No comments: